Ensure application systems are effectively designed, developed, tested, and implemented to support increased efficiency and effectiveness of the business and meet the business needs (40%)
Incumbent is responsible for project organization and execution and will lead design, vendor evaluation, implementation, and management of multiple projects. This individual provides technical direction and coaching to analyst staff in the development and implementation of systems or in problem solving.
• Understand the business – Understand the business field the system analyst is working in through frequent targeted interaction with the business system users and leadership.
• Identify Opportunities for Improvement - Uses his/her up-to-date knowledge of the business requirements and Information System’s capabilities to identify opportunities to use emerging technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the organization. Formulate improvement plans and pitch them to leadership.
• Identify and implement new systems or enhancements to existing systems
• Devise ways to add new functionality to existing computer systems
• Design and develop new systems by choosing and configuring hardware and software
• Oversee the installation and configuration of new systems to customize them for the organization
• Conduct testing to ensure that the systems work as expected
• Train the system’s end users and write instruction manuals
• Communicate Issues and Changes - Responsible for proactively communicating upcoming application changes to end users and management, and working with the super users to smooth transitions and decrease any negative impact on the business.
Project Management: Prioritize, Plan, and Coordinate the work of IS and Business Resources to complete initiatives (20%)
Monitor a project’s progress to ensure that deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
• Evaluates the work requested by the organization, effectively prioritizes the work, establishes plans, makes a commitment for delivery, and effectively ensures delivery against those plans.
• Coordinates the work assignments of self, other information systems professionals and business resources to ensure effective execution
• Ensures effective and thorough communication for any application initiatives
• Ensures effective performance of business resources and vendors who perform Application Development Services
• Provides work direction to and may supervise the work of Business Analysts, System Analysts and Programmers
Production Support (20%)
Responsible for the maintenance, support, and operations of the Surmodics software applications.
• Ensuring functionality and usability of the software applications are aligned with the organization’s priorities and enabling Company employees to do their work effectively.
• Responsible for diagnosing and resolving application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for the various system users and providing root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements.
• Accountable for performing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly operations tasks required for the ongoing functionality of the software applications.
• Some programming and debugging duties will be required in order to develop queries/reports of varying complexity and to troubleshoot and fix programmatic issues.
Effectively communicates results, progress, and issues to internal customers and management (10%)
• Reports progress against job description responsibilities, objectives, results and issues to colleagues and management, including vendor management.
• Ensures appropriate escalation and awareness to Surmodics and vendor management of any issues.
Ensures Positive End-User Experience with information systems (10%)
• Ensures technology issues impacting end users are identified, prioritized, and addressed
• Ensure effective communication and training (in person or verbal whenever possible) takes place to ensure effective use of information systems and information technology